Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, August 24, 2007

Pillbug

I don't know if 'anonymous' actually knew what that thing was, or if they just put their mouse over the photo and saw my photo filename show up with the word 'pillbug' in it, but either way - it's a pillbug. Common as dirt and about as appealing. I never imagined that one properly lit would have so much color to it! It was being lit from the underside by the garage light, and then my camera added flash to the topside. I thought these things were just gray, boring gray. Anyway, I am constantly impressed by these seemingly dull organisms that belie a type of inner beauty when you take the time to really look closely at them.

No comments: