Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, August 20, 2007

Baby Fox Snake


Because my daughter and I had once run over one of these snakes on the Ahnapee State Trail while biking to Door County one summer, I knew just what it was when I found it near the side of a back road in Baileys Harbor last weekend. A baby fox snake! How cute is that? It shook its little tail like a rattlesnake wannabe when I first picked it up. I carried it back to Grandma's house so the kids could see it, photographed it a couple times (here in my oldest daughter's hands) and then let it go in a safe place in the woods out back. So neat - such a nice snake to have around. I hope it gets to grow to adulthood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats roughly the same size snake I just caught in sturgeon bay 2 days ago! Absolutely beautiful snake!