Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, May 25, 2007

Though I Grieve, Still I Shop

Our best local knitting store, Kro-sha, is closing, which is very sad. They carried such lovely knitting supplies, were very helpful, and they were close by. A knitting friend alerted me to their fate and unfortunately mentioned their reduced prices as they clear out their remaining inventory. I stayed away a long time, fought the urge to just 'drive by,' forced myself to think of all that felting wool I already had left over to play with . . . and folks, it worked for a while. At least until today when Mary called me and said she had just dropped $80-something in there. When Mary called me today and said that everything was 40% off. When Mary called today and told me the details of what she bought and I couldn't stand it any longer. I am so weak.

So, after sitting here in MS Word and typing up a complete list of every knitting needle I seem to own (there are always needles lurking in stashed projects that I will have to catalog when I find them), in every configuration (single-point, dbl-point, flex, circular, and crochet hooks) and in each size I own, I then printed out my data and headed off to wreck our budget once again. I hope my husband isn't reading this. You don't read my blog, do you hon? I did promise we could go out to dinner tonight when you suggested it. I didn't even complain (much) about what was left in the checkbook, the need for a tank of gas, the cost of a meal out and the disagreeable relationship between these three things. I figured, as long as I'm not complaining, let's see me not complain some more. Logic trumps budget. I rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sigh