Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Invasion of the Body-Snatchers


Last week I purchased three praying mantis egg cases. Each case contains between 100-300 eggs. I gave one egg case to a friend and kept the two remaining cases in a brown paper bag. I had no fear of their hatching immediately, so I was rather casual in my placement of the bag. Today, after a string of lovely days, I decided it is indeed time to put the egg cases out in the yard. The trouble is, I can't find the bag anywhere. I remember putting it on the kitchen table, and one child says that's where she saw it last. It looks just like a lunch sack. We've had a couple days of warmish, humid weather, and I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: