Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Latest Accomplishment (almost)



There are a number of really good knitting blogs out there (my favorite being http://www.masondixonknitting.com/) so I'm not about to start another one, but I am rather proud of myself for almost finishing this six-foot long shawl the other day. I say almost because I have to add on the second lace border, but that will be done very soon. I had never knit lace before, and this is a simple wavy lace pattern, so I thought I would try it with some cheap, no dye lot Caron Simply Soft from our local I-hate-them-and-can't-say-their-name-so-why-do-I-sometimes-shop-there-mass-retailer. I have paid the price for my decision, as you can see by the subtle color change on the last two inches of lace border. That's where I had to change to a new skein of yarn. Oh, well. It was, after all, a learning experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for thinking of me. However, I think I am a 7. Those were the ones I was looking for.

Keep thinking of me.

Berta

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ann, this is great. You should feel good to have this done. I'd like to see it in person some time.

Elizabeth F.

Ann said...

Thanks Elizabeth! Thanks also for turning me on to Mason Dixon Knitting. I just purchased their book (a second one is coming out, I hear) and have been cranking out baby bibs ever since.