Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So That's What That Is!

I made a short shopping list today: coffee, crackers, cream cheese, Chicken & Stars (soup), chocolate milk and cereal. Walking out the back door, I noticed these items all begin with the letter C. Wow.

Walking through the Metcalf's Sentry's beautiful produce section, I came upon this lovely fruit that I had never seen before. It's called Ugli and was $1.99 each. I remember seeing it in Lois Ehlert's book, Eating the Alphabet - a standard on any family bookshelf with kids under about age 7 or 8. She illustrated fruits and vegetables for each letter of the alphabet. U is for Ugli fruit. Well, then. Here it is. I haven't tasted it yet. Last week we tried a persimmon. It was just bloody awful. I hope this one tastes better than it's name. Sure is pretty.

1 comment:

Ann said...

P.S. Ugli fruit is delicious! Even the kids liked it, or most of them. It's like a grapefruit, but sweeter. Really good. Wish they weren't so expensive.