Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rain

It's one of those lovely August days: blessedly cool, thunder echoing softly behind the sound of rain, the last week and a half until school starts up. Most of the kids are off on their various adventures, except the youngest who has spent many strenuously long minutes recalling in great detail the funniest parts of his favorite movies for me. I try to laugh along, but since I haven't seen Chicken Little, I don't really get the true picture.

I am baking brownies for a friend's birthday, playing around on the computer, occasionally getting up to throw in more laundry, pick up toys, or file a few more of the bills that have been piling up on the kitchen table. I keep coming back up here to the computer, a sure sign of boredom.

I got an e-mail from the company that is sending me the handheld GPS I just bought. They have shipped my newest toy and included a UPS link so I can follow the progress of my package from Montana to Wisconsin. It struck me as funny that I could track my GPS as it traveled across the country without me. What an odd and wonderful age we inhabit.

No comments: