Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Comet Appears Out of Nowhere

I asked my teenage daughter to scour the bathroom sinks yesterday. Today after school she asked if she could have Lizzy over. I told her to wait until Dad came home as he was very tired and it would depend on his mood. He came home an hour later indeed very tired. My daughter then went a step further and asked if I could drive over and get Lizzy. I asked her if she had scoured the sinks. She said she had spent 15 minutes scrubbing the downstairs sink. I flipped on the light in there and looked at the sink. While I know I am trying to emphasize my daughter's complete and utter lack of cleaning expertise, with my next remark I will cast a certain shadow over my own housekeeping standards as well. The sink was filthy.

A few minutes later as we were about to sit down to dinner, this lovely woman/child daughter of ours got upset about being told that she had to actually use scouring cleanser and a sponge when she scoured a sink, so she took said cleanser and threw it across the kitchen, casting a nasty-smelling plume of Comet into the air and all over the floor. She stomped off to her room while we all gathered our plates and went outside to eat standing up in the wet yard. My youngest whimpered because he thought he was going to breathe in the noxious dust and die of lung poisoning. It was a jolly time. Lizzy isn't coming over today.

No comments: