Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The article below gave me a chuckle. I have no fear for how God feels on the subject, but I do wonder what he thinks. I still believe in prayer, always for the sake of the prayee, but maybe even more for the wellbeing of the prayer.
We've all heard it said how vast and immeasurable God is, how far above are his thoughts from our own. Even if we could tell him what to do, would we be better off persuading him? I love that he knows what to do. I also love that I can tell him what I want, or what I feel. I can trust him to do what is best, the perfect part of a perfect prayer being the submission itself to his will.
Finally, someone I can really trust. I didn't say understand, but that's okay for now.

No comments: