Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, October 24, 2011

Visit From a Long-Ago Friend Gets Me Out in the Field/s




A really good friend I had made way back in kindergarten came back to town to visit me this weekend. I hadn't seen her for at least two decades. We had both gotten into photography in our intervening years, so not only was it a treat to see her again, but we had a blast wandering around the city with our cameras and lenses, neither of us minding when one would hold up the other while composing a shot.

This set of images was taken around town, from graffiti to butterfly fields. I was inspired anew by her vision and her work. I was also reminded that although I have an awesome smart-phone in my pocket, the "real" camera is worth the haul.

No comments: