Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sorry for Talking Politics

I am very uncomfortable talking about politics. I HATE it when a Christian friend comes up to me and starts talking to me about how this economy is all Clinton's fault and how of course he or she is voting for McCain because he is "pro-life."

After I commented on how fellow Christians so often just assume you are going to vote for the Republican candidate because they espouse pro-life views, a good friend responded, "Who would make such an assumption??!! Until we can find a "pro-life" candidate who is as protective of lives after birth as before, there's no assumption to be made." How refreshing, and she is also a Christian. There are plenty of good people on both sides of the political debate, just please, please, please don't assume that Jesus would vote Republican.

http://tinyurl.com/45u4h9

No comments: