Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Bad News . . . Good News! . . . Bad News?

I had a strange day, emotionally. I heard of this really tragic accident involving a child. It was just awful and I felt sick when I heard about it. But the story has a twist. The child in this story was described to me as a three-year old Ethiopian boy. A very good friend of mine just recently adopted a three-year old Ethiopian boy. How many of those are in the area? Then I really got sick. I called my good friend immediately, but could not get a hold of her. It wasn't until hours later that she called me back and I found out that her children were fine. I was SO relieved. Then shortly afterwards, like a couple seconds later, I felt bad again just knowing that this horrible thing had happened to some family and I was relieved it didn't happen to MY friend's family, yet whoever this happened to was certainly suffering in ways that most people cannot even begin to imagine. I won't go into what happened to this child, but it was so awful in so many ways. Now I am praying that this unknown family can get through this somehow.

No comments: