Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Geocaching and Other Diseases


The rain stopped and the sun is now out, so it was time to do some more geocaching. I hadn't gone in a long time, so I put new batteries in my gps, downloaded a handful of caches in an area easily accessible to REI for the ride home, and headed out with my camera. I found four, and would have easily found two more, but there were other folks out there enjoying the nice weather which prevented me from parking next to them and wandering off into the brush without causing, at the very least, too much interest in what I was doing. One nice motorist stopped next to me, rolled down his window and asked if I needed help. I think he meant with my van, but maybe he meant with myself? I told him thanks, but I was just taking a photo of these lovely dead and rotting cattails.


On the way home, I stopped at REI to use up my member dividend and check out what they had for sale. I had already scoured their website, but you never know what's on the actual shelves. I'm glad I went because I found a pair of Keen Venice H2's in my absolute favorite green color, in my size, on the clearance rack for $29.95. With my dividend, I paid $22.30. Oh my gosh. That was like a little bit of fairy tale come true. What a great find.

No comments: