Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zoo

My youngest child and I visited the zoo on Sunday. Here are a few photos to start with, two typical shots and one not so typical. More will inevitably follow as I find time to work on them. This reflection was in the seal pool. A yellow feed bucket was standing near the edge of the pool, lending a nice color to the water.

Remember, as I told my son, the female lion does most of the hunting!

The true King of Beasts, tigers average about 250 pounds larger than lions.

2 comments:

The Riddle Family said...

Something tells me that Tiger wouldn't put up with someone trying to brush his teeth like my dogs do!

These photos really are gorgeous! I particularly like the reflection one. I love how you are drawn to the reflections. I saw an artist over the past weekend that painted like 8' x 8' reflections. It was incredible to see them so large. It reminded me of your photography. :)

Dad said...

Terrific shots.