Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Peek-a-boo


I didn't know what to title this as it's pretty wretched if you think about it. The weather was so foggy the other day, perfect lighting for photographing things like cemeteries and bare winter trees, so hubby and I drove over to Wisconsin Memorial Park and then Holy Cross so I could wander around in the rain with my camera. Of course I forgot to wear my boots so I ended up trudging through snow with my Keen clogs on - they're the best so no damage to them, just cold, wet feet going through the deeper parts. I got some really nice, atmospheric trees and a few interesting landscapes with lots of crosses and stones. This one I am posting here was probably one of the creepiest, especially since it must mark the grave of someone who was too young to have to die. But here it is. I couldn't just leave it there in the snow - poor child.

No comments: