Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, June 03, 2006


Can someone please give me a plausible explanation into this current fashion trend? Is there any function, statement or excuse for wearing your pants thus, as this young man was doing last night at my daughter's track meet? I've seen fashions come and go, styles that I don't appreciate, such as the miniskirt, gauchos or pointy-toed shoes - but this one goes beyond comprehension for me. It just looks plain stupid.
photo by A. Graf

3 comments:

John Pritzlaff said...

I think that by the very nature of it there is no explanation. In that sense it is a form of rebellion, hence its popularity.

Anonymous said...

Ann, just be thankful they're wearing some sort of underpants. In some parts of the country, they're not wearing anything. This, too, shall pass.
Miss "chatting" with you.

Ann said...

Bonjour! You mean really "nothing"? The west coast usually leads on these styles - please tell me this one is going out!
Miss you, too.