Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rust: Reflections of it and on it

I spent a lovely afternoon today with my dad, wandering around downtown with our cameras. I apologize for so many photos of the Milwaukee River, but it was particularly captivating to me this afternoon. Let it be known that I could have posted dozens more, but I restrained myself.

There is such beauty in the common things around us if we can learn to see it. I hope that when you look at some of these very ordinary, even lowly objects or things we might consider eyesores in general, you can see them in a new way and appreciate the forms within the forms.

I nearly froze my uncovered ears off today, but it was worth it.

No comments: