Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, August 05, 2005

Highest gas prices of my life

Yesterday we gassed up the van at $2.499 a gallon (why don't we just say $2.50?) . Late last night we had to make a grocery run (damn full-time job) and upon returning to the car, hubby couldn't find his keys. He had been driving so he must have had them when he got out of the car. I started to dig through my purse for my lately unused set (damn full-time job), but before I could find them we reached the van and it was running. Found the keys in the ignition.

We had just purchased $145 worth of groceries, so you can imagine it wasn't just a quick run-in, get-out trip. How ironic that we chose the day when we had just paid the highest price for gasoline in our lives to let the van run for a good 45 minutes, empty and still, in a dark parking lot.

(My sincere apologies to hubby. I could have easily done the same, and I hold no grudge. You are a very good man. Thank you for working hard so that we can afford to pay $2.50/gallon to run our environmentally degrading vehicle.)

1 comment:

-g said...

*sigh*