Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

We were twisted into some impossible pose in Yoga class today, all knotted up with our arms stretched behind our backs and our eyes closed, and all I could think of was Abu Ghraib during a photo shoot. We ended our class in classic "corpse" pose, which I had never heard called that before, the simple supine laying down, hands at our sides, eyes closed. We were supposed to then relax our entire body, starting at the tips of our toes and slowly working our way along up to our faces. I tried not to smile as I thought up more yoga positions: Chalk Outline Pose, Pedestrian Crossing Pose (or AOL Instant Messenger Pose), Cingular Wireless Pose, Washington Crossing the Delaware Pose, Reaching For Top Shelf Chocolate Stash Pose. I had to work hard to relax my facial muscles, but I eventually succeeded in feeling the earth supporting my body as I melted into my purple mat.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Besides corpse pose, I think my favorite has to be Happy Baby, also affectionately referred to by some as Dead Bug. Anyone else got a favorite yoga pose?