Quote of the Moment

You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lawnmower's First Critique

Lawn mowers are nasty, especially the gas-powered ones.

Edge trimmers are worse and leaf blowers are the worst of all.

I think they should be outlawed.

I think we should all grow things that don't require mowing; things that provide food for animals, birds and insects; things that provide beauty and delight, not just more green pavement.

Words like meadow, prairie, savannah and forest are too beautiful to pave over with things like development, commerce and technology.

Don't misconstrue my meaning; these latter three are good, but they can live within the first four and their ilk instead of instead of them.

My health care is part of the meadow with its Echinacea, Digitalis and Pulmonaria.

My clothing is cotton and linum, as are my bedding and towels.

My kitchen floor is linseed and my house primarily tree.

Even my telephone speaks with the same air that I do.

2 comments:

-g said...

You are amazing. If you weren't married, I would persue a relationship with you.

-g said...

Pursue...you would have to spell things for me though.